Sotirios Bvlgari Silver Ring began his career as a jeweler, working in his native village Paramita (Epirus, the Ottoman Empire). It is still possible to see its first store. In 1877 he went to Corfu and then Naples. In 1881, Bvlgari Silver Ring finally moved to Rome, where in 1884 he founded his own company and opened a second store on Via Sistina.
In the 50 years Bvlgari Silver Ring has become widely known throughout the world. Jewelry by Bvlgari Silver Ring bought not only the noble citizens, and members of the royal and imperial families. For example, the Duchess of Windsor always included Bvlgari Silver Ring jewelry in the shopping list.